As we trudge through this pandemic, battling lockdown and isolations, it’s tough on our lashes. Though we can’t be there for you during closures, we’re still here! And this post is to help you get through this!
How to maintain your Lash Extensions during lockdowns
These 3+week closures have been the most detrimental to your extensions, but here’s some tips on how you can do your best to maintain your extensions:
- Wash your lashes! But not too much! We all know that oils affect the lash adhesive, this is one of the reasons it’s important to wash your lashes. Excess build up of natural skin oils can cause your extensions to fall off prematurely. If you’re wearing eye makeup daily, then yes, wash it off your lashes. However, if you do not wear makeup daily, try washing your lashes every other day using an extension-safe foaming lash bath. Also get yourself a lash brush to ensure optimal deep cleaning!
- NO TOUCHY! Aside from washing and brushing your lashes, do not touch them! I know as they grow out more, playing with them can become irresistible, however dirt and oils also transfer from your hands onto your lashes, circling back to tip #1. Also, tugging on these can cause your natural lash to shed before they are ready. Resist that urge!! DO NOT TOUCH!
- Book a “New Set” for when we reopen. Even if you still may have some extensions on, booking a new set with your artist will ensure they have enough time to remove and grown out ones (which will likely be almost all of them) and then fill those lashes to the best of their ability!
- Try Lashocracy! Lashocracy is our glueless strip-lashes that are extension safe. If your extensions are not handling the lockdown well and you need a lash boost, these are a great fix till your lash fill! The fact that they are glueless makes them easy to apply and remove without damaging your lashes!
How To maintain your natural lashes during lockdowns
The tips above also protect your natural lashes while wearing extensions, however there’s more you can do:
- Get on the Eyenvy train! This forced break is a great time to boost your lashes, and get them growing longer and stronger! Eyenvy is an excellent ay to do so. This has to be used DAILY for optimal results. But start this routine A.S.A.P. and your natural lashes will be even longer and stronger, and even If your getting a New Set, or a Keratin Lash Lift when we reopen, this will be highly beneficial!
- Use your Keratin Mascara! (Not extension friendly). Whether you have a lift that is growing out, or has already completely grown out, continued use of this will help to maintain the strength and integrity of your lashes. If your lift is still growing out, this will really help to tame the sometimes wild grow-out stage, and also help your lift last longer through these lockdowns. If your lift has already grown out,
using this daily will only give added nutrients to your lashes and prime them for your next lift when we reopen!
Paired with Eyenvy, this duo does wonders for your lashes, they really are a power-couple!
We are sad we can’t see your beautiful faces to have these discussions with you, but we are always available to answer any questions you may have, so don’t be afraid to slide into our DMs! Also, don’t panic if you’ve ran out of any of the products above! We are still sending out our online orders! Peep our online shop and save 10% on your order for the products mentioned in this blog post!*
*only valid for Foaming Lash Cleanser, Acrylic Lash Brush, Keratin Mascara, and Eyenvy kits (not individual tubes). Sale begins May 17 and ends May 31.